6th Annual PTA Spring Gala & Silent Auction for Long Island City Public Schools
SERVPRO of Long Island City was honored to offer a sponsorship to the 6th Annual PTA Spring Gala & Silent Auction for Long Island City public schools. We were happy to attend the festivities and had a great time getting to know the school board members, teachers, and other corporate sponsors who sent representatives to attend the event. As a locally owned and operated franchise we feel it is important to get involved with our community and to get to know local business owners. Many are surprized to learn that we offer services like carpet cleaning, duct cleaning and general cleaning services, in addition to our disaster restoration service for which we are well known. This event offered us the unique opportunity to give directly to our communities most important organization, our public schools. We would like to extend our gratitude to all who worked so hard to bringing such an amazing event together to benefit local children and teachers.
SERVPRO of Long Island City is Hiring
As a valued SERVPRO® employee, you’ll be part of a stable, growing company offering state-of-the- art customer service and products throughout the United States. You will receive a competitive pay rate, with great opportunity and the ability to work with a talented and supportive team that is growing 10 years strong!
We are adding motivated people to our team in several capacities. We are seeking someone who has community relationships in Long Island City, NY with excellent communication skills, and who is a focused and driven. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you will thrive in this work environment. Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who is proactive, experienced, truly enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership.
Read over the responsibilities, minimum requirements and then apply online today!
Some of the Responsibilities
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Compile and maintain online internal database of customer contact.
• Participate in networking events and be a local face for our franchise.
• Conduct presentations to professionals in our industry.
• Complete documentation, as appropriate.
• Assist other departments as needed.
• Take the initiative on other tasks as assigned and as needed.
• Achieve sales volume goals.
• Maintain existing accounts and source new ones.
• Be Dymanic
• Social media postings
• Engage with Co workers and Clients
• Focusing on Property mangers relationships
• Daily reporting and use CRM
• Clean driving record.
• Minimum 2 years outside Sales, Marketing or Customer Service Rep experience. Outside sales experience a plus. Insurance, real estate, or risk management background a plus.
• Experience with Professional Sales or Marketing Associations a plus.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proper pronunciation, grammar, and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice at all times.
• Possess polite, confident and excellent customer service skills, including listening and questioning skills.
• Ability to handle both rejection and success.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Very self-motivated and goal-oriented.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Experience with database management and CRM tools.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Bachelors degree preferred.
• Current involvement in one or more community organizations.
• Work under minimal supervision.
• Credit Check
• Motor vehicle check
Primary Role: Promote and sell franchise services in our Long Island City, NY territory, which results in meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals. Grow and develop customer base by utilizing a systematic process to identify new prospects and to routinely contact and follow-up with customers. Conduct repetitive contact calls to build relationships and educate the customer on why SERVPRO® is the best cleaning, restoration, & construction company.
- Commission schedule (paid 1st of month on collected sales)
- Commission of Direct Sales
- Estimated sales per year: 1,000,000.00
- 3% commission, minus subcontract.(i.e. dumpsters, tradesmen, contract labor.)
- Health Benefits
- Employer will contribute 100.00 per month toward selected company plan.
- We currently do not offer dental.
- Effective after 60 days of employment. (Plan policy)
- Must following expense policies.
- IPad and iPhone will be provided.
- Must follow SERVPRO Corporate Policy.
- 401k contributions, per plan policies. (180 days before eligible, Plan Policy)
- Performance review in 60 days.
Back to School Is Here, Schools Need ERPs Too!
AT SERVPRO® of Long Island City we believe learning shouldn’t be paused or canceled, even in the face of disaster. Disasters at an educational facility are highly complex and require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a small school or a campus of higher education, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area so that normal operations can continue while we restore your facility. Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area. Your job is to provide valuable lessons and information to the students; ours is to make sure you have a safe place to do so.
An Emergency Ready Profile Can Save You Thousands.
By profiling your school, library, daycare or event facility with SERVPRO of Long Island City Counties you allow us to document and understand how to approach any disaster with the intent of mitigating further damage immediately upon our arrival on the scene.
Setting up your Emergency Ready Profile is easy, simply call (718)440-6994 and we will schedule a convenient date and time for a SERVPRO Project Manager to review, document, tag, and photograph your facilities as part of your new Emergency Ready Program Profile.
Celebrate Summer Safety
Summer is a time to enjoy the great outdoors, but it is also important to keep safety in mind. Consider the following tips, provided by the National Fire Protection Association to keep you and your family safe all summer long.
- When using a charcoal grill, only use starter fluids designed for barbecue grills; do not add fluid after coals have been lit.
- When using a gas grill, ensure the hose connection is tight; check hoses for leaks. Applying soapy water to the hoses will easily and safely reveal any leaks.
- Always build a campfire downwind from the tent area. Clear vegetation and dig a pit before building your fire. Extinguish the fire before going to sleep or leaving the campsite.
- Store liquid fire starter (not gasoline) away from your tent and campfire and only use dry kindling to freshen a campfire.
Your local SERVPRO® of Long Island City wishes you a safe and happy summer!