Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Removing Mold Colonies and Keeping Your Queens Home Safe
Mold can be a challenging presence in Queens homes and businesses, especially when considering the potential health effects that exposure can cause. It is vital to get competent remediation starting immediately with the spreading organism affecting more and more surfaces throughout the property. While it is impossible to remove mold from your house entirely, as spores exist naturally in almost every environment, these remediation tasks can remove active colonization and present threats to the occupants of your home.
How Does Remediation Work?
Remediators have the specific job of removing active organisms in the house and returning your property to its pre-mold condition. To accomplish this, multiple strategies and approaches can help. These choices get made based on the location of the discovered mold or the severity of the situation. From entirely non-invasive solutions for light mold damage to more permanent solutions, there are many remediation tactics available to our SERVPRO team, including:
- Antimicrobial products
- Abrasive cleaning
- Soda blasting
- Controlled demolition
Full-Service Solutions for Your Queens Residence
Many do not realize how destructive mold colonization can be until they witness structural deterioration or the degradation of their personal belongings. One of the advantages of choosing our professional remediators is the availability of an in-house team of licensed contractors for temporary structural solutions and full-scale build back and reconstruction as necessary. Regardless of how severe mold losses are, we can make it, “Like it never even happened.”
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (718) 440-6994
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Long Island City?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (718) 440-6994
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Long Island City is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Queens community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: