Large Loss Restoration & Construction
In a disaster restoration scenario, why choose SERVPRO? The answer is simple, peace of mind.
When a natural disaster, a fire, or even the wear and tear of time has caused damage to your home or business you need a restoration and construction team you can trust. We are prepared for any project and have the capability to grow our team and resources as needed if the restoration project is worse than expected and requires more immediate attention. We are so much more than your typical contractor and offer more value and better communication during restoration construction because it is already part of our day to day protocol.
Our experience cannot be understated. With almost 20 years in business, we have been part of recovery efforts in many of our countries largest natural disasters and are available to help our home communities 24/7. If you are in need of restoration and construction services make us your #1 call SERVPRO of Washington County.
Our Commercial Restoration Division in New York City
When a disaster relief effort is underway, there are no easy tasks. SERVPRO team members know this and are willing to go the extra mile whenever called upon.
At SERVPRO of Long Island City, we specialize in many different areas of disaster relief, such as Commercial Restoration & Recovery. Our Large Loss Recovery Team is dedicated to these to these claims, the crew understands that they may be required to be on the job for weeks or even months, and must ensure they follow a ridge protocol & chain of command to work efficiently, quote accurately and complete the restoration project on time.
This is what makes our restoration team stand out from the competition. We have inspired a workplace atmosphere and energy that encompasses our team and pushes them to always give their best effort. Our hands-on management approach includes rigorous training programs, teaching and understanding SERVPRO protocols for disaster restoration, consistently reviewing our customer service practices, and providing the best possible restoration services at all times.
In a large-loss restoration, we are 100% dedicated to the job at hand and our client in need, 24/7. We are here, leading the way to recovery.
A Team On The Rise
We are fierce competitors always striving to improve our game. This is how we approach every job, with a dedication to hard work and an understanding that we should always be learning and improving from our experiences. We have been on the front-lines of some of the countries biggest natural disasters where we managed every stage of the recovery & reconstruction process.
Our aggressive work ethic has helped us to earn the trust and respect of many well-recognized subcontractors including many of the north easts largest reconstruction contracting companies who rely on us when everything is on the line.
Of course, our experienced professionals can only be as good as their equipment allows. We boast an impressive inventory of restoration equipment allowing us to be prepared to manage and mitigate multiple disasters at one time.
We are proud of our team and will continue to build upon the hard work that has brought us so far already!
Schedule A Facility Cleaning Today!
We were out early on a Sunday morning visiting a commercial client for a monthly facility cleaning. This particular client requires we clean the premises outside of their regular business hours when they are closed and there are no employees in the building. Did you even know SERVPRO provides scheduled cleaning services? Most people are not aware of this service and assume we only handle disaster restoration clean-up after a flood, storm or fire. But our general cleaning services are second to none. Our technicians are professionally trained and have access to a vast array of SERVPRO equipment, cleaning solutions and techniques. If your business is in need of a weekly, monthly, annually or even one-time cleaning services we can help! Our professionally trained cleaning technicians can handle any industry, such as commercial, industrial, service businesses, warehouses, government buildings and more. Schedule your cleaning today!
Parking Lot Clean-Up, Repainting, Repair & More
Now that the winter is over it is likely you and your client's parking lots need to be cleaned and possibly repainted. We can help. We are your #1 call for any and all types of cleaning and repair and are on the scene shortly after of your call. If you need parking lot cleaning, repainting, repair, or lightbulb replacement contact our office now and we can send out a crew for a one-time cleaning and damage inspection or schedule regular clean-up inspection times to ensure your property always looks great. We make the process simple, SERVPRO of Long Island City, offers one-stop shopping when it comes to property clean-up, maintenance, construction and restoration. Our team of highly skilled technicians, contractors, and craftsmen make us the #1 choice for large corporations looking for a full-time, fully-capable maintenance team that is available at a moments notice. Call us today!
A Professional Restoration Company Can Save You Money In A Water Damage
When your home or business is struck by a water damage event, such as a flood, burst pipe, or roof leak, you will see many restoration options in a google search. Here is why it is so important to carefully consider the company you choose to repair your property.
1. Evaluating exactly what can and cannot be saved in the property is crucial. This is where our experienced managers quickly determine the best course of action to save as much of the structure as possible. This first step can determine a huge chunk of your upfront costs for repair and materials for replacement.
2. Drying Equipment. If the company you hire is not using the best drying and air scrubbing equipment available, chances are they will need to use that equipment on your property for a longer period of time, costing you more money. Our techs are trained to work and act efficiently and we invest in the best possible restoration equipment so everything we do is efficient. In the long run, this is the best possible way to save our client's money.
3. We offer all phases of restoration and reconstruction services. Again, as we strive to be an efficient company we employ a team of talented and experienced craftsmen and carpenters to remove the need to hire subcontractors on your project and to be 100% sure your job will be completed professionally.
Smoke & Soot Cleaning After A Fire Damage
Restoring a home after fire damage is a difficult and emotional process. From the perspective of the home or business owner, the task can seem impossible. SERVPRO of Long Island City specializes in this type of clean-up and we consistently train our crew members on the correct approach for clean-up after a fire. We recently were called into clean-up a fire damaged building where soot and smoke had filled several areas of the property leaving behind a coat of black dirt and debris throughout the lower level. Our crew members immediate jumped to action first clearing the smoked damaged areas and then thoroughly scrubbing and washing down the cement interior until all of the soot is removed. Our full-service crew provides construction services and was also available to repair fire-damaged areas of the property.
Despite a mild December; Winter is Coming
Sure we will have to wait until April for 'Winter to Come' in the world of Westeros, but here in New York, despite the mild December, winter is finally here. Below freezing temperatures have been consistent the last few weeks and it feels like snow will be on the ground any day now. Are you prepared? And more importantly is your home or commercial property prepared for the extended freezing cold weather? Here are some things you can do to make sure your home is ready for winter.
- Check attic and basement eves - If you live in an older home chance are you have a vented attic if this is the case double check to make sure attic insulation is still in place and working and that there are no drafts in the attic or basement. If you have any exposed water pipes you should insulate them and if necessary install an electric pipe heating cable that will monitor the pipes and keep them warm enough to keep water flowing.
- Make sure water to outside water faucets is shut off - Leaving water on can cause the faucet to freeze and leak, this slow leak will allow ice to form around your hose bib and your foundation with the potential to cause structure and water damage to the property.
- Monitor the temperature in your garage - If you have an attached garage there is a chance there are water pipes within the ceiling or walls adjacent to the garage, monitor the temperature of your attached garage and, if needed, install an emergency heat source to kick on when the temperature is low. This can save you thousands in water damage in the case a pipe were to burst!
Christmas Tree Fires Account for Millions of Dollars in Property Damage Annually
Christmas trees and holiday decorations account for millions of dollars in property damage every year. Please share these basic safety tips to ensure your family's well being this holiday season.
- Look for a fresh tree, these are less likely to catch fire. Vibrant green needles that do not fall off easily. The Frazier Fir is a great choice and has a softer needle that does not dry out as quickly.
- Remember to water your tree immediately after getting it home and in the stand. Continue to water the tree until it stops taking water.
- Keep your tree away from heat sources, candles and other electronics.
- All your Christmas lights should be UL or ETL/ITSNA tested for safety, and you should throw away damaged lights.
- Be sure to plug outdoor lights into a ground-fault circuit interrupter protected receptacle.
- Keep all your candles away from your Christmas tree, surrounding furniture and décor. If possible avoid candles all together especially this time of year when there tend to be more flammable items around the home.
- Don’t forget to turn your Christmas tree lights off each night.
- When your tree's needles begin to fall, it is time to take it down.
Follow these guidelines and avoid being another statistic in the National Fire Protection Association or United States Fire Administration report this holiday season. Of course, if you do have an emergency contact us immediately along with the local emergency response departments needed. We will be there to help you get things back, "Like it never even happened."
Colder Weather Setting In - Be Prepared
As we near closer to Christmas it is important to remember that freezing weather leads to a greater chance of frozen pipes and a potential for leaks and flooding. Even if you have not had an issue in the past there are steps you can take to ensure your home or business safe from this disaster.
1. Check your home or business for drafts and heat loss. Many times, especially in older homes, attic and basement insulation may become brittle or old and become ineffective in reducing drafts and cold spots. Check to see if your basement or attic has cold spots or failing insulation.
2. Installing a backup heat source. If you have an attached garage or a basement without heat this you have the potential for frozen pipes. Installing an additional heat source that turns on automatically when the room temperature gets too cold can save you from disaster!
Of course, if you ever do experience a burst pipe call our offices immediately. Our team of trained technicians will respond quickly to restore your home or business.